"engaging my senses defines the kind of life i

"Engaging all my senses defines me, the kind of life I live and the life I will leave."

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poetic Wednesday

As the World Turns
by dinahmic

As the world turns
Life's changes seem arduous to embrace
When it ensnares me unprepared
And acquiescence is all I could muster

As the world is turning
A dreadful emotion of solitude overcomes me
As I gaze at the lines and ridges of my countenance
Wondering if the hands of time turned hastily on me

As the world takes another turn
A revived hope flourished in me
Optimism blossomed as I welcome
what life bestows upon me

Beauty of an innocent soul is perceived
Fortitude sprouting from pain is borne
Tolerance from injustices is acquired
Wisdom from failures is reaped

A tinge of light in darkness becomes apparent
Shades and hues of understanding become vivid
Love predominates in all of life's abstraction
And the world turns into a better place.

"Desire the delights of life because heaven might just deliver"~Dinah~

No comments:

Post a Comment