"engaging my senses defines the kind of life i

"Engaging all my senses defines me, the kind of life I live and the life I will leave."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gastronomic Indulgence

If there is one thing that I could say I've always been in love with, that would be FOOD. Personally, I think it is the best thing ever been invented. Not only does it sustain the human physical life but the emotional life as well. It has power to create relationships, strengthen existing ones, bind friendships, comfort those in emotional distress. Celebrating life's greatest occasions and triumphs are not the same without the presence of food. It is one thing that will keep you company no matter what state you are in. Well, of course, that will also depend if you have budget for it but for me, that is out of the question since again, I am in love with it and I don't have the heart to refuse it.

To solidify my relationship with food, I have decided to try different cuisines from different countries and regions. So I made a pact to try anything pertaining to food. It would be my quest now to go restaurant hopping, to get out of the box and take a bite or two of their specialty. I would make it a point that if I travel to places, I would establish a connection with that particular place by having a plate of the cuisine they are noted for. I think it is a great way to appreciate culture, accept our differences and incorporate those differences into our lives to be well-rounded people. It is a wonderful means of embracing humanity.

I have a developing sophisticated palate and it is definitely a burgeoning one that is ready to explore the endless possibilities out there when it comes to food. Some would be succulent and some would be dry. Some would be scrumptious and some would be unsavory. Some would be delectable and some would just be plain horrible. Gastronomically indulging myself will be an adventure and I am prepared to take on the challenge that accompanies it. Not knowing what it would taste like can be unnerving but when you get to taste something that gives you a different high, is delightfully amusing. After all, it only takes one chance to make a decision to either hate it or love it.

My tummy is growling as I think about food. Now, off I go to McDonald's...not! Alright, I'm just gonna go rummage through my fridge and cook something up...hard-boiled eggs, anyone?

"Eat to fill your physical needs, Pray to fill your spiritual needs, Love to fill your emotional needs. Eat, pray, love while you can for you know not what tomorrow brings."
~by Dinah~

3 comments: